Tag Mobile Free Cell Phones
Tag Mobile is a provider of Lifeline cell phones for those with low income or on government assistance programs. They offer phones only in the states of Arkansas, Colorado, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Michigan, Missouri, Nevada, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Texas, West Virginia and Wisconsin.
Tag Mobile offers 250 minutes of airtime and/or texts per month. The company also has reload plans from $7-30 that allow top ups in 100, 500 and 1000 and unlimited minute/text packages.
The qualifications to get a phone from Tag Mobile are the same as for the other companies in the same states. Any of the following qualifies you:
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Food Stamps
- National School Lunch‚Äôs Free Lunch Program (NSL)
- Section 8 Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA)
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance Plan (LIHEAP)
- Income at or below 135% of federal poverty level* (proof required)
The Tag Mobile phone comes with free voicemail, caller id, and call waiting. It is capable of sending and receiving text messaging, but be aware that each one counts as one minute of your airtime. Minutes do not rollover.
1330 Capital Parkway,
Carrollton, Texas 75006
Automated 7/24 line: 1-866-469-8736
Customer Care: 1-866-959-4918
Latest News on Tag Mobile:
- Business booming at TAG Mobile: Company offers free government cell phones in six new states (2/26/2013)
- Terracom Wireless and Tag Mobile Seek to Expand to 8 More States and the District of Columbia (7/22/2011)
- Good news for LifeLine wireless subscribers: Now you can get reload minutes at 40,000 retail locations across the country (6/1/2011)