- In California, get unlimited voice minutes, unlimited global texting, plus plus unlimited 2G/3G data data.
- Oklahoma Tribal also get unlimited voice minutes, unlimited global texting, plus plus unlimited 2G/3G data data.
- All other states, and Oklahoma non-tribal get 500 minutes and unlimited global texting.
Tag Mobile is a provider of Lifeline cell phones for those with low income or on government assistance programs. They offer phones only in the states of Arkansas, California, Colorado, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nevada, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Texas, West Virginia and Wisconsin.
California and Oklahoma allow Lifeline cell phone companies to give their qualifying residents better plans. Tag Mobile gives Californians and residents of tribal areas in Oklahoma unlimited voice and unlimited global texting, plus unlimited 2G/3G data.
States other than California and Oklahoma, and Oklahoma non-tribal areas, offer plans that give the 500 minutes of airtime and unlimited global texts per month. The company also has top up plans starting at $3.
The qualifications to get a phone from Tag Mobile are the same as for the other companies in the same states. Any of the following qualifies you:
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Food Stamps
- National School Lunch’s Free Lunch Program (NSL)
- Section 8 Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA)
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance Plan (LIHEAP)
- Income at or below 135% of federal poverty level* (proof required)
The Tag Mobile phone comes with free voicemail, caller id, and call waiting. It is capable of sending and receiving text messaging, but be aware that each one counts as one minute of your airtime. Minutes do not rollover.
1330 Capital Parkway,
Carrollton, Texas 75006
Automated 7/24 line: 1-866-469-8736
Customer Care: 1-866-959-4918
Recertification Hotline: 1-866-302-5348
Latest News on Tag Mobile: