As the nation’s leading authority on Lifeline Assistance, the free government cell phone program, and on ACP, the Affordable Connectivity Program, we get a lot of questions. But the question we’re asked most often is, “My cell phone was lost (or stolen or broken). How can I get it replaced?” In fact, the question is asked so often that we sometimes think there must be a major crime ring out there dedicated to stealing free government cell phones (just kidding).
More than a dozen companies now compete in the Lifeline/Affordable Connectivity Programs and although their “lost or stolen” policies are generally similar, they’re different enough that we thought we could provide a definite public service by compiling the following comprehensive list all those policies together in one place.
Let’s review the Lost, Stolen and Broken policies of the largest Lifeline/ACP companies. Combined, we estimate that 99% of all Lifeline customers are enrolled with these companies.
Access Wireless Replacement Policy
This provider has become one of the major players in the free government cell phone business. They currently offer the Lifeline Assistance/Affordable Connectivity Programs in Alabama, Arkansas, Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, New Hampshire, Nevada, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin and West Virginia.
Here’s how the Access website describes its lost, stolen or broken phone policy in legalese:
What if my Access Wireless phone is lost or stolen?
If your mobile phone is lost or stolen, you are responsible for any charges incurred until you notify Customer Care of the loss by calling 1-866-594-3644. Once we have been notified, your account will be suspended from further use. You will have 45 days to activate a new phone or notify us that you have found your old phone. If you do not notify us within 45 days of either action, your account will be deactivated and any remaining account balance will be lost and the phone number may be reassigned.
You may qualify for a replacement device, or you may select to purchase a new Access Wireless phone, which can be purchased in our online store. To determine if you qualify for a replacement, please call Customer Care.
Assist Wireless Replacement Policy
This Lifeline/ACP cell phone provider offers cell phone plans in Arkansas, Maryland, Minnesota, Missouri and Oklahoma. The company’s lost or stolen policy is as follows:
My phone is lost/stolen, can I get a replacement?
If your Assist Wireless Lifeline device is lost of stolen, here are some steps you can take to obtain a replacement:
- Lifeline devices that are available at retail locations can be purchased to use as a replacement device.
- Visit a retail location or call customer service to see if there are any available offers you can take advantage of.
- Customers may bring their own device to use as a replacement device as long as it is compatible with our networks.
My phone was lost/stolen, can I suspend my account?
Yes. Please call Customer Service immediately to have your account temporarily suspended. You will have 30 days to add a new device to your account before service will be disconnected.
What is the return/refund policy on my device?
Assist Wireless is not responsible for, nor will we refund any lost, stolen, misused, or damaged phones, accessories or Assist Wireless Top Up purchases. Assist Wireless does not accept returns or provide refunds of any Assist Wireless Top-up purchases unless it is determined Assist Wireless did not perform the duty of Service. All purchases of Assist Wireless Top Ups are final and non- refundable regardless of who uses or possesses the subscriber’s wireless phone after airtime is purchased, and regardless of whether the wireless phone is used with the subscriber’s consent or knowledge.
Wireless handsets purchased directly from or received from Assist Wireless may be returned for a full refund, issued only via check, within 7 days of receipt. A subscriber must return the complete handset as received at the time of activation, in the same condition as when it was received.
For more details on returns and refunds please see the Assist Wireless Refunds, Returns, or Lost Equipment Policy Refunds section in our Terms & Conditions.
Assurance Wireless Replacement Policy
Assurance Wireless is a division of T-Mobile. It has grown rapidly and now serves 41 states and the District of Columbia. The complete list includes Assurance Wireless offers free government cell phone plans in Alabama, Arkansas, Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia and Wisconsin.
Its lost or stolen policy states:
What should I do if my Assurance Wireless phone is lost or stolen?
Call Customer Care at 1-888-321-5880 right away to suspend your account so no one else may use your remaining account balance. Customer Care may also assist you in purchasing a replacement device. If your phone was stolen, Assurance Wireless may waive the replacement device cost, upon receipt of a police report.
What should I do if my Assurance Wireless phone breaks within the first year?
Your free Assurance Wireless phone comes with a one-year warranty from the original equipment manufacturer. If you experience an equipment malfunction, call us at 1-888-321-5880 and we will arrange for a similar replacement phone. The replacement model may not be the exact model of the original device.
Cintex Wireless Replacement Policy
This regional Lifeline/ACP provider offers cell phone plans in just five states — Arkansas, Maine, Maryland, Rhode Island and West Virginia. The company’s website is spells out its lost or stolen policy thusly:
What if my phone does not work or damage or was lost or stolen?
If your phone has a manufacturer defect, you can exchange it for a similar model within 15 days from the day you received the phone for FREE.
As the federal government only subsidizes the monthly phone service and our company provided you with a FREE phone at our cost, we can only provide a FREE phone with free shipping and handling when you originally signed up with us or have stayed with us
at least 6 months. Otherwise, if you’d like to order a replacement phone, you can do so by paying a $25 fee. This fee mainly covers shipping and handling costs, and this device will come with a 15-day warranty.
Easy Wireless Replacement Policy
Easy Wireless is a small, regional player that offers Lifeline/ACP plans in Arkansas, Missouri, Oklahoma and Kentucky. The company’s lost or stolen policy is spelled out on the Easy website:
What should I do if my Easy Wireless phone breaks within the first few weeks?
Your Easy Wireless phone comes with a 48-hour warranty from the Company. If you experience an equipment malfunction, call us at 611 or 1-877-476-3451 and we will send you to the closest store for a replacement handset or arrange for a replacement mobile phone to be mailed to your address on file.
After 48 hours, Easy Wireless offers a $20 discount on replacement phones. Phone prices vary with models beginning at $20 and go up from there.
Elsewhere on the site it adds this information:
Defective Replacement Policy
Easy Wireless will offer “New Customer Pricing” if you return a defective Device outside the warranty period for a replacement device of your choice. Lost, stolen or damaged Devices do not qualify for this discount. You must surrender your Device to Easy Wireless to qualify for this discount.
And yet elsewhere on the company’s website, this is added:
Lost/Stolen/Damaged Replacement Policy
If you need to replace a Lost, Stolen or Damaged Device, you will be charged as follows for the Device of your choice.
- If you select a replacement Device that is Not Free to New Customers, Easy Wireless will charge you the Full Retail Price for that Device.
- f you select a replacement Device that is Free to New Customers, Easy Wireless will charge a $25 Replacement Fee.
Then the Terms & Conditions offer a complex chart that explains exactly how the company will handle lost, broken, and stolen phones under a wide variety of circumstances.
enTouch Wireless Replacement Policy
enTouch Wireless is now making Lifeline/ACP free government cell phones available in 36 states: Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, New York, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Texas, Utah, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin and Wyoming.
Here’s how the company’s website spells out its lost, stolen and damaged phone policies:
What happens if my phone is not working?
If you are having trouble with your phone, call Customer Support from a different phone – 866.488.8719
What Happens if my Phone is Lost / Stolen or Broken?
Call 866.488.8719 to reach Customer Support. We may be able to help you get a replacement phone.
Life Wireless Replacement Policy
Life Wireless does business in 25 states plus Puerto Rico. To be specific, they are Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Kansas, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nevada, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Texas, Utah, Washington, West Virginia and Wisconsin.
Its lost of stolen policy says:
I have lost my phone or it has been stolen…what do i do?
If your Device is lost or stolen, you must call Customer Service immediately at 1-888-543-3620 to report the incident as you will be responsible for all charges incurred on your phone number until you report the theft or loss.
In most cases, you may request a replacement phone through customer service by paying a $35 replacement fee based on state regulations. Replacements are typically shipped within 24 business hours of receipt of payment.
My phone is malfunctioning… what do I do?
For a defective or malfunctioning phone replacement, call Life Wireless Customer Service at 1-888-543-3620. To read our phone replacement policy, please view our Return policy.
Additional information is added elsewhere on the website:
FREE PHONES REPLACEMENT POLICY
THE FIRST 30 DAYS AFTER ACTIVATION
Customer must call Customer Service to notify Life Wireless of the lost, stolen, defective, or damaged phone, accessory, or SIM. If it is within the first 30 days, the replacement SIM and/or accessories will be sent free of charge. If the customer has received a defective phone, the customer must return the phone to Life Wireless at the customer’s expense. If Life Wireless determines the phone is defective, Life Wireless will ship a replacement phone* along with FREE 2-week Unlimited Minutes PIN. If the phone is damaged, lost, or stolen, the customer must pay $40.00 before Life Wireless is able to ship the replacement phone.
31 DAYS AND LONGER AFTER ACTIVATION
Customer must call Customer Service to notify Life Wireless of the lost, stolen, defective or damaged handset, accessory or SIM. If the SIM card, charger or battery is damaged, lost, or stolen, the customer must pay $5.00 for each item needing replacement. If the phone is damaged, lost, or stolen, the customer must pay $40.00 before Life Wireless is able to ship the replacement phone*.
*Replacement phones may be refurbished phones
Q Link Wireless Replacement Policy
Q Link has had its share of problems lately, and has ended its service in a number of states, but it still offers Lifeline Assistance/Affordable Connectivity Program plans 18 states plus Puerto Rico — Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Georgia, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, Nevada, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, South Carolina, Vermont, Washington, West Virginia and Wisconsin.
Here’s how the company explains its lost or stolen phone policies:
What should I do if my phone was lost or stolen?
Keeping you connected is our number one priority, and we have a couple options you can choose from to resume enjoying your Lifeline benefit.
If your phone was lost or stolen, you are welcome to Bring Your Own Phone (BYOP) or order a new Q Link Wireless phone.
Be sure to Activate a new phone as soon as possible, as Federal regulations require us to cancel service on inactive accounts after 30 days of no use.
Option 1: Replace Q Link Phone
Price: $75 $34.95
Why does a replacement smartphone cost $34.95?
What you receive:
A brand new smartphone at a discounted rate.
To order the Q Link Wireless replacement phone, you can pay with a credit or debit card in your name, a prepaid credit gift card that can be purchased with cash, or even a money order! For your convenience, you can order online or over the phone by calling 1-(855) 754-6543.
Option 2: Bring Your Own Phone
No activation fees. FREE SIM card provided, if needed. Keep your Q Link phone number. Enjoy Lifeline from a phone you already love!
We will not credit or refund any account balance if you choose to terminate services as a result of loss or theft of your device. If you do not activate a new device within thirty (30) days from the date of notification, your account may be deactivated.
Safelink Wireless Replacement Policy
Safelink Wireless is is the largest, oldest and best known of the companies that offer Lifeline/ACP free government cell phones. They have millions of customers in Alabama, Arkansas, Arizona, California, Connecticut, DC, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia and Wisconsin.
Whoever wrote the company’s policies clearly believed in the old saying “Why use one word when ten will suffice.”
12. Lost or Stolen Phone Policy
All reported lost and stolen phones will be permanently deactivated. Any airtime that you may have had on your lost or stolen phone will be lost. If you wish to continue receiving SafeLink service, you may either buy a replacement phone from us, or bring your own unlocked phone, together with purchasing a replacement SIM card.…
3. During the limited warranty period, SafeLink will replace or repair, at our sole option, any defective Products or parts (except as excluded below), or any Products or parts that will not properly operate for their intended use (except as excluded below) with new or refurbished replacement Products or parts if such replacement or repair is needed because of Product malfunction or failure during normal usage. SafeLink may, at its sole discretion, replace the Product with a refurbished phone of the same model if available, or if not available, of a comparable model of phone. The limited warranty does not cover loss of personal information, passwords, contacts, music, ringtones, pictures, videos, applications or other content, memory cards, software, defects in appearance, cosmetic, decorative or structural items, including framing, and any non-operative parts. SafeLink’s limit of liability under this limited warranty is the actual cash value of the Product at the time the Purchaser returns the Product to SafeLink for repair, determined by the price paid by the Purchaser for the Product less a reasonable amount for usage. SafeLink shall not be liable for any other losses or damages. These remedies are the Purchaser’s exclusive remedies for breach of warranty.
4. The Purchaser shall have no coverage or benefits under this limited warranty if any of the following conditions are applicable:
The Phone has been subjected to abnormal use, abnormal conditions, improper storage, exposure to moisture or dampness, unauthorized modifications, unauthorized connections, unauthorized repair, misuse, neglect, abuse, accident, alteration, improper installation, or other acts which are not the fault of SafeLink, including damage caused by shipping.
b. The Phone has been damaged from external causes such as collision with an object, or from fire, flooding, sand, dirt, windstorm, lightning, earthquake or damage from exposure to weather conditions, an Act of God, or battery leakage, theft, blown fuse, or improper use of any electrical source, damage caused by computer or internet viruses, bugs, worms, Trojan Horses, “cancel-bots” or damage caused by the connection to other products not recommended for interconnection by SafeLink.
c. SafeLink was not advised in writing of the alleged defect or malfunction of the Product within fourteen (14) days after the expiration of the applicable limited warranty period.
d. The Phone serial number plate or the enhancement data code has been removed, defaced or altered.
e. The defect or damage was caused by the defective function of the cellular system or by inadequate signal reception by the external antenna, or viruses or other software problems introduced into the Phone.
f. The Product is outside of the limited warranty period.
5. Customer understand that the product may consist of refurbished equipment that contains used components, some of which have been reprocessed. The used components comply with Product performance and reliability specifications.
6. SafeLink neither assumes nor authorizes any authorized service center or any other person or entity to assume for it any other obligation or liability beyond that which is expressly provided for in this limited warranty including the provider or seller of any extended warranty or service agreement.
7. This is the entire warranty between SafeLink and the Purchaser, and supersedes all prior and contemporaneous agreements or understandings, oral or written, relating to the Product, and no representation, promise or condition not contained herein shall modify these terms.
8. This limited warranty allocates the risk of failure of the Product between the Purchaser and SafeLink. The allocation is recognized by the Purchaser and is reflected in the purchase price.
StandUp Wireless Replacement Policy
StandUp Wireless is a free cell phone provider in the states of Arkansas, Arizona, California, Colorado, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Mississippi, Nebraska, Nevada, New York, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Texas, Utah, West Virginia and Wisconsin plus Puerto Rico.
StandUp’s lost or broken phone policy provides all the info you might need.
What if I lose my phone?
If you lose your phone, contact StandUp Wireless immediately so we can suspend your account to prevent any unauthorized usage. Please go to www.standupwireless.com to chat with Customer Care or call 1-800-544-4441. StandUp Wireless will work with you to review your device replacement options.
What if my phone breaks?
If your phone is not working properly, go to www.standupwireless.com to chat with Customer Care or call 1-800-544-4441. StandUp Wireless will work with you to resolve the problem.
How long is the warranty on my device?
StandUp Wireless does not have a warranty program. Still, we will help facilitate a manufacturer’s warranty replacement for any device you purchased from us, or we provided to you up to 90 days after the sale date. Some manufacturers offer extended warranty periods, but if it’s over 90 days from the sale date, you’ll have to work directly with that manufacturer. Contact information for some of those manufacturers is below. Keep in mind, warranty replacements do not cover lost, stolen, or damaged devices.
Sky Devices: Warranty assistance can be obtained through the Sky device support page: https://skydevices.com/contact-us/.
BLU Devices: Warranty assistance can be obtained through the Blue device support page: https://www.bluproducts.com/contact/#support. Claims can be made by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org. Claims can be made by calling: (877) 602-8762.
NUU Devices: Warranty assistance can be obtained through the NUU device support page: https://us.nuumobile.com/warranty/. Claims can be made by calling (844)-688-3365.
Tag Mobile Replacement Policy
Tag Mobile provides customers with Lifeline/Affordable Connectivity Program plans in Arkansas, Arizona, California, Colorado, Iowa, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nevada, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Texas, West Virginia and Wisconsin.
The company doesn’t provide a lot of information on its replacement phone policy and what they do provide directs you to customer service for more information.
My phone is lost, what do I do?
You can contact TAG Mobile Customer Service at 1 (866) 959-4918 or TAG Chat Support at tagmobile.com and speak to our representative who will help you with available options.
I would like to order for a replacement phone, how do I place an order?
You can contact TAG Mobile Customer Service at 1 (866) 959-4918 or TAG Chat Support at tagmobile.com and speak to our representative to order for a replacement phone.
My phone is damaged or doesn’t work anymore, what do I do?
If your phone is damaged or not working as expected, give us a call @ 1 (866) 959-4918 or you can also Chat with us @ tagmobile.com; our customer service team is ready to help you! We’re happy to troubleshoot the device and if a replacement phone is the answer, we’ll guide you through the process.
Tempo Communications Replacement Policy
Tempo Wireless Lifeline/ACP plans are now available in the states of Colorado, Georgia, Hawaii, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, North Dakota, Ohio, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Utah, West Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming.
You might not like its policies, but at least they are spelled out in great detail.
14. RETURN POLICY
Handsets may be returned within fourteen (14) days of purchase for a refund of the purchase price. The Tempo Service Plan is not subject to this policy, and will not be refunded. Terms of this return policy are subject to change. Returned products may be subject to a restocking fee of up to $25. This return policy applies only to phones purchased directly from Tempo.
Tempo does NOT cover defects or damage resulting from: (a) use of the device in other than its normal and customary manner, (b) misuse, accident, or neglect, including natural disasters; (c) moisture, spills or immersion in liquid, (d) abused, dropped, or mishandled devices; (e) improper testing, operation, maintenance, installation, adjustment, alteration or modification of any kind; or (f) devices disassembled or repaired in such a manner as to adversely affect performance or prevent adequate inspection and testing to verify claim. Tempo will not accepted returned devices with labels removed or illegible serial numbers, lost or stolen equipment, cracked or scratched surfaces or external exposed parts resulting from other than normal use, or damage resulting from normal wear and tear. Devices must be returned in the same condition as they were shipped out (e.g. no cracks, liquid damage, or other damage). Return must include original packaging with all original kit components, such as handset, all accessories, charger, and battery.
Handsets must be returned in the same condition as they were shipped out (e.g. no cracks, liquid damage, or other damage). Return must include original packaging with all original kit components, such as the following (if applicable):
- All Accessories
Tempo Product Returns
1301 Chestnut St,
Emporia, KS 66801
Tempo recommends the use of a pre-paid shipping service (no CODs) that provides a tracking system (e.g. FedEx, UPS or Certified Mail through the U.S. Postal Service). This address is ONLY intended for product returns. No written correspondence should be sent to this address. Tempo will not accept packages that arrive “postage due.” Tempo is not responsible for lost or mishandled packages.
- Returned products that do not comply with this return policy, including handsets returned more than fourteen (14) days after purchase, will not qualify for a refund and may be shipped back to you at your expense.
- Tempo does not exchange products. Please return Tempo products for a refund in accordance with the procedure listed above and purchase a new product through www.mytempo.com or by calling Tempo Customer Service at 888-565-1011.
- Please allow up to eight (8) weeks to receive your credit card refund. Your refund will be applied to the credit card account that your purchase was initially charged.
Got that? You’re basically out of luck if your free government cell phone is lost, broken or stolen. If you’re a Tempo customer, make sure you save all the original packaging.
Terracom Wireless Replacement Policy
TerraCom Wireless is a large regional Lifeline/ACP service provider that serves the states of Arkansas, Arizona, Colorado, Indiana, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, Oklahoma (non-tribal), Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Texas, Washington (non-tribal), West Virginia, and Wisconsin.
Its website offers this description of its lost, stolen and broken phone policy:
Lost or Stolen Equipment:
If you lose your handset or have your handset stolen, you are responsible for all charges incurred until TerraCom Wireless is notified of the lost or stolen wireless phone. To report a lost or stolen wireless phone, please contact TerraCom Wireless at the Service Number located above. Upon receiving notice of the lost or stolen phone, TerraCom Wireless will suspend the account immediately. If you do not either activate a new TerraCom Wireless phone or notify us that you have found your wireless phone within 10 days of the suspension of the account, the account will be deactivated and you will lose the TerraCom Wireless phone number.
The following information is found elsewhere on the website:
What do I do if my phone was stolen from my mailbox?
We are not responsible for wireless phones that are undelivered, lost, or stolen after the unit has been delivered to your mailbox. You must be prepared to receive the package containing your handset 5 days after enrolling for service.
TruConnect Replacement Policy
TruConnect serves Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nevada, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, South Carolina, Texas, Utah, Washington, West Virginia, and Wisconsin.
Want to know more about this Lifeline/ACP service provider’s replacement policy? Check out this info taken directly from its website:
6. LOST/STOLEN DEVICES. All risk of loss, damage, theft, or destruction of your Device is borne by you. Call Customer Service immediately if your Device is lost or stolen because you are responsible for usage charges before you notify us of the alleged loss. Once you notify us, we will suspend your Service. We will not credit or refund any account balance if you choose to terminate Services as a result of loss or theft of your Device. You agree to cooperate with us in investigating suspected unlawful or fraudulent use…
8. Mobile Phone for the TruConnect Lifeline Program; Returns and Unblocking. If TruConnect accepts your application, you may, at TruConnect’s sole discretion, receive a free TruConnect Lifeline Program phone that is selected by TruConnect. Contact TruConnect customer service to purchase an upgraded phone. If you lose or damage your TruConnect Lifeline Program phone, contact TruConnect customer service for replacement phone options and pricing. TruConnect Lifeline Program phones are provided “as is” and without warranty. Notwithstanding the foregoing, if the TruConnect Lifeline phone is defective within 90 days of first use, is returned to TruConnect at the customer’s own cost within 10 days of the expiration of the 90 days period, and is not defective due to physical abuse or water damage as determined by TruConnect; then TruConnect will send a comparable replacement phone to the customer at TruConnect’s cost. Due to availability, the same phone model may not be provided. Before sending in a defective phone, customer must contact TruConnect customer service for the appropriate return address.
True Wireless – This five state provider offers Lifeline/ACP plans to its customers in Arkansas, Maryland, Oklahoma, Rhode Island and Texas. If we were told to sum up its replacement policy in five words we would say, “You’re out of luck, pal.”
17. Returning Your True Phone: All mobile phones purchased directly from True, include a seventy-two (72) hour limited warranty from the equipment provider. If you experience issues with your phone, please contact customer service. Phones will not be replaced if it is determined by True that customer caused the defect or damage to the device. True reserves the right to refuse replacement.
18. Lost or Stolen Equipment: If your mobile phone is lost or stolen, you are responsible for charges incurred until you notify us of the loss of your mobile by contacting customer service. Upon receiving notice that your mobile phone is lost or stolen, True will suspend your account. If you do not either activate a new True phone or notify us that you have found your old mobile phone within 60 days of the suspension of your account, your account will be deactivated and you will lose your True phone number.
How to find other companies’ lost, stolen, and broken replacement policies
The companies shown above probably comprise 99% of all current Lifeline customers. There are dozens of additional Lifeline service providers who are just too small to merit our attention. Should you choose to enroll with one of those companies, you can usually find their replacement policies buried deep within their Terms & Conditions or Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).
You can usually find the T&Cs and FAQs by scrolling down to the bottom of the home page on a service provider’s website. They may be listed as “Terms” or “Terms and Conditions” or “T&Cs” and as “Frequently Asked Questions” or “FAQs.” Click on the listings you want and you will be taken to that page. Once you’re there, do a search for “broken” or “lost” or “stolen” or “replacement.” You’ll very probably find exactly what you’re looking for.
The first thing to do it your phone is lost or stolen
We know how frustrating it is and how much time can be wasted when your cell phone is lost or stolen. We want to help you find it without having to go through all the rigamarole required to get a new one. In other words, finding a lost phone is a lot easier than getting it replaced.
So before you contact your service provider, here are several steps you can take to try to find your missing cell phone. Some of these suggestions may sound overly simple, but they work more often than not.
- Check the last known location of your phone: Many smartphones have a built-in “Find My Phone” feature that allows you to see the last known location of your phone on a map. You can use this feature to see if your phone is nearby and try to locate it.’
- Check the surrounding area: Look for your phone in the place where you last remember using it, as well as any nearby locations where it could have been misplaced.
- Ask for help: If you have friends or family nearby, ask them to help you search for your phone.
- Check with any lost and found departments: If you think you may have left your phone at a public place, like a restaurant or a store, check with the lost and found department to see if it has been turned in.
- Use a phone-finding app: There are several apps available that can help you locate a lost phone, such as “Find My iPhone” for iOS devices or “Find My Device” for Android devices. These apps allow you to remotely track the location of your phone, lock it, or erase its contents to protect your personal information.
If none of these steps help you locate your phone, you may need to consider the possibility that it has been lost forever or stolen. In this case, you should probably cancel your phone service and replace the device.
Leave a Reply