- In California, Smartphone, unlimited voice, unlimited texting, up to 2 GB data.
- Other states – 750 free voice minutes, unlimited texts, 1 GB data, free SIM card (but you must bring your own phone).
Tag Mobile is a provider of Lifeline cell phones for those with low income or on government assistance programs. They offer Lifeline mobile phone service in the states of Arkansas, California, Colorado, Iowa, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nevada, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Texas, West Virginia and Wisconsin.
California allows Lifeline cell phone companies to give their qualifying residents better plans. Tag Mobile gives Californians unlimited voice and unlimited global texting, plus up to 2 GB of data.
States other than California offer plans that give the 750 minutes of airtime, and unlimited global texts per month. However, they do not offer the phones themselves. They provide a SIM for your own smartphone.
What plans are available in which states?
Californians will get a plan that each month provides unlimited voice calls, unlimited global texting, and up to 2 GB of data. The amount of data varies depending upon if you use a Tag Mobile-supplied smartphone or if you use a Tag Mobile SIM for a phone you already have. If you get the SIM plan, then you will get 2GB of data each month; if you get the smartphone plan you get 1GB of data each month.
Arkansas, Colorado, Iowa, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Michigan, Missouri, Nevada, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Texas, Wisconsin.
You get 750 minutes of voice, unlimited global texting, 1 GB data, free SIM card (but you must bring your own phone).
How to Qualify?
The qualifications to get a phone from Tag Mobile are the same as for the other companies in the same states. Any of the following qualifies you:
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Food Stamps
- National School Lunch’s Free Lunch Program (NSL)
- Section 8 Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA)
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance Plan (LIHEAP)
- Income at or below 135% of federal poverty level* (proof required)
1330 Capital Parkway,
Carrollton, Texas 75006
Automated 7/24 line: 1-866-469-8736
Customer Care: 1-866-959-4918
Recertification Hotline: 1-866-302-5348
Latest News on Tag Mobile: