Terracom Wireless Free Cell Phones
TerraCom Wireless, sister company to Yourtel Wireless, is a six-state, regional provider of Lifeline cell phones and airtime for those with low income or who are already on a government assistance program. If you are in Arkansas, Indiana, Iowa, Maryland, Nevada, Oklahoma, Texas, West Virginia or Wisconsin, they can help you out.
TerraCom offers three plans: 68 minutes a month, 125 minutes a month and 250 minutes a month. Currently the company is seeing most customers choose the 250 minute plan and existing customers may switch by calling customer care. Most eligible residents of Oklahoma can qualify for a special tribal plan than offers 1000 minutes per month for just $1.
Each text message, both incoming and outgoing, will be assessed at a rate of 0.3 minutes on the 68 and 125 minute plans and the rate of 1 minute on the 250 minute plan. Unused minutes also rollover from month to month on the 68 and 125 minute plans. You can call anywhere in the United States. Only airtime charges apply. Calls cannot be made internationally. Calls to directory assistance (411) are free.
The qualifications to get a phone from TerraCom are the same as for the other companies in the same states. You probably qualify if:
(1) You already participate in another State or Federal assistance program such as food stamps, public housing, or Medicaid (and others).
(2) Your household income is at or below 135% to 150% of the poverty level according to your state and/or the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
Website: Terracom Wireless
401 E. Memorial Road
Oklahoma City, OK 73114
For Enrollment, Customer Service, or Technical Support: 1-877-351-4747
Latest News on Terracom Wireless:
- The free government cell phone program comes to Oklahoma. With a little twist.
1,000 minutes and 1,000 texts for only $1 a month. (9/15/2011)
- Terracom Wireless and Tag Mobile Seek to Expand to 8 More States and the District of Columbia (7/22/2011)
- Good news for LifeLine wireless subscribers: Now you can get reload minutes at 40,000 retail locations across the country (6/1/2011)