The Employers Association of South Carolina has 2011’s good news and bad news:
“South Carolina’s seasonally adjusted unemployment rate increased from 9.8 percent in April to 10. 0 percent in May, similar to the national rate increase from 9.0 percent in April to 9.1 percent in May.
They also say that a slight increase in unemployment is common at this time of year, but seasonal fluctuations don’t make unemployment any easier on the unemployed.
But here’s something that might ease the strain they face: free cell phones and free monthly minutes.
Free Cell Phone Providers in South Carolina:
Here’s a list of all the Lifeline Assistance free government cell phones in South Carolina. They all offer different plans with different numbers of minutes, different refill options, and serve different geographic areas. So click through them all and find the plan that’s best for you.
- Access Wireless
- Assurance Wireless
- Blue Jay Wireless
- ClearTalk Wireless
- enTouch Wireless
- Feel Safe Wireless
- Life Wireless
- Q Link Wireless
- Safelink Wireless
- StandUp Wireless
- Tag Mobile
- Tempo Communications
How to Qualify in South Carolina for a free Lifeline cell phone
You qualify for a free government cell phone, through the Lifeline Assistance program, if you participate in any of the following government assistance programs:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (Food Stamps or SNAP)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (Section 8)
- Veterans Pension and Survivor's Benefit.
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance (BIA)
- Tribally Administered Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (Tribal TANF)
- Tribal Head Start (only those households meeting its income qualifying standard)
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR)
You may also qualify if your Total Household Income is at or under 135% of the Federal Poverty Guideline for South Carolina, which we’ve calculated for you in the table below:
|Income Based Eligibility for South Carolina|
|Members in Household||Annual income|
|For each additional member add $5,832 annually|
Latest News for South Carolina:
See more cell phone news.
If you have any other questions, please refer to the links in the sidebar.