Sometimes it seems like Mississippi just can’t catch a break. First it was devastated by Hurricane Katrina back in 2006 and now its been hit by historic flooding of the Mississippi River here in 2011.
This double whammy has knocked the state’s economy for a loop, destroyed many businesses and put tens of thousands of otherwise hardworking residents out of work. And on top of that you have the problems caused by weakness in the national economy.
Even before the twin natural disasters, the state had one of the nation’s highest unemployment rates and one of its highest rates of poverty.
Free Cell Phone Providers in Mississippi:
Here’s a list of all the Lifeline Assistance free government cell phones in Mississippi. They all offer different plans with different numbers of minutes, different refill options, and serve different geographic areas. So click through them all and find the plan that’s best for you.
Lifeline Discount Companies in Mississippi
If you qualify for Lifeline Assistance, but you find that none of the companies offer free government cell phones where you live, you have another option. The companies below, while not offering free cell phone plans, do offer substantial Lifeline discounts off their regular mobile phone plans in Mississippi:
Free Cell Phone Eligibility in Mississippi:
You are eligible if you receive benefits from any of these programs in Michigan:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (Food Stamps or SNAP)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (Section 8)
- Veterans Pension and Survivor's Benefit.
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance (BIA)
- Tribally Administered Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (Tribal TANF)
- Tribal Head Start (only those households meeting its income qualifying standard)
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR)
You may also qualify if your Total Household Income is at or under 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines. See our handy chart below which shows the levels with this 135% applied:
|Income Based Eligibility for Mississippi|
|Members in Household||Annual income|
|For each additional member add $5,832 annually|
Latest News for Mississippi:
If you have any other questions, please refer to the links in the sidebar.