<< All Free Cell Phone Providers
True Wireless offers unknown talk, unknown texts, and unknown data.
NOTICE: Thanks to the new Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP), you can now get Unlimited Data AND a free government cell phone at the same time. For more info, click here
True Wireless serves the states of Arkansas, Maryland, Oklahoma, Rhode Island and Texas by providing Lifeline Assistance cell phones to the financially disadvantaged. These government cell phone plans are completely free in all five states. Unfortunately, we have no idea what those plans are.
True Wireless Plans
Why not? Because True Wireless is the only free government cell phone company that does not clearly spell out all its Lifeline and ACP plans on its website. In fact, it is just the opposite. In order to find out what plans are available in your state, True requires you to first fill out an application and submit it. It is outrageous that any company should require a potential customer to submit their full name, the last four of their social security number, date of birth, drivers license number, email address and phone number before they will tell that customer what products it offers. We think it’s an outrageous invasion of a potential customer’s privacy.
Based on this fact alone, we would suggest that you consider any other Lifeline/ACP service provider.
C’mon, True! When you get serious about serving the public, we’ll gladly revise this page.
How to Qualify for True Wireless
The qualifications to get a phone from True Wireless are the same as for the other companies in the same states. You probably qualify if:
(1) You already participate in another State or Federal assistance program such as food stamps, public housing, or Medicaid (and others). Each state page on our site has the eligibility criteria.
(2) Your household income is at or below 135% to 150% of the poverty level according to your state and/or the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
* See Federal Poverty Guidelines
How to qualify for the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP)
The rules for ACP eligibility are the same in every state. A household qualifies if:
- A household is eligible for the Affordable Connectivity Program if the household income is at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines, or if a member of the household meets at least one of the criteria below:
- Participates in any of the following assistance programs: SNAP, Medicaid, Federal Public Housing Assistance, Veterans Pension or Survivor Benefits, SSI, WIC, or Lifeline;
- Participates in any of the following Tribal specific programs: Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance, Tribal TANF, Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations, or Tribal Head Start (income based);
- Participates in the Free and Reduced-Price School Lunch Program or the School Breakfast Program, including through the USDA Community Eligibility Provision;
- Received a Federal Pell Grant during the current award year; or
- Meets the eligibility criteria for a participating broadband provider’s existing low-income internet program.
Compare True Wireless with Other Lifeline Companies in Your State
There are many other free phone service providers you your state. This is just one. In every state there are many options, often over a dozen companies to choose from. Plans and phone choices often vary substantially between providers and you owe it to yourself to look at them all. To compare plans, begin with our state-by-state free phone service page and click on your state to see what’s available.
How to Contact True Wireless
Website: True Wireless
Latest News on True Wireless Wireless:
Leave a Reply