Pennsylvania: Free Cell Phones from the Government
Pennsylvania‚Äôs oil industry has seen better days. The state‚Äôs steel industry has seen better days. And the state‚Äôs coal industry has seen better days, too. The Keystone State has been through a lot of ups and downs in its time and always bounces back and we‚Äôre confident it will bounce back again.
But the fact is, a lot of Pennsylvania residents could use a little help right now. As of May 2011 the unemployment rate is a disappointing 7.4%. The fact that that is lower than the national average is of little solace to those Keystone Staters who find themselves without a steady income.
Fear not, Pennsylvanians. The Lifeline phone service program can help you get a free cell phone and free monthly minutes, from the government. At least that is one less bill to pay.
- Assurance Wireless
- Safelink Wireless
- Budget Mobile
- Life Wireless
- Tag Mobile
- StandUp Wireless
- Yourtel Wireless
You are eligible if you receive benefits from any of these programs in Pennsylvania:
- Federal Public Housing Assistance / Section 8
- Food Stamps
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- National School Lunch (free program only)
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
- State Blind Pension
You may also qualify if your Total Household Income is at or under 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines (see eligibility)
Latest News for Pennsylvania:
- Business booming at TAG Mobile: Company offers free government cell phones in six new states (2/26/2013)
- Sprint Nextel’s Assurance Wireless Lifeline Cell Phone Program Expands into Pennsylvania (3/1/2011)
If you have any other questions, please refer to the links in the sidebar.