New York, which had the nation’s largest, most powerful economy just a few decades ago, recently fell into third place behind Texas. Manufacturing has declined, taxes have increased and businesses are leaving the state as fast as they can build headquarters elsewhere.
They leave behind more unemployed and more underemployed Empire Staters. In other words, more people eligible for the Lifeline free cell phone and free minutes program.
Surprisingly, the state of New York only has one major free government cell phones vendor, but they all offer the same basic plans so you only need one. Get in touch and get the phone you need.
You are eligible if you receive benefits from any of these programs in New York:
- Food Stamps/SNAP
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA) or Section 8
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
- National School Lunch Program’s Free Lunch Program
You may also qualify if your Total Household Income is at or under 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines (see eligibility)
Latest News for New York:
If you have any other questions, please refer to the links in the sidebar.ar.