Yogi Berra, perhaps the most famous Missourian of them all, once said, “It ain’t over ‘til the fat lady sings.” If you’re in need of a cell phone and just can’t afford one, don’t give up because it ain’t over ‘til you get in touch with a Lifeline supplier.
The Show Me State has a highly diversified economy, but with an unemployment rate of nearly 9.0% there are lots of people who can’t afford the cell phones that most people consider necessities. People who need jobs but have no way of contacting potential employers and no way for those same employers to call them. People whose health issues require them to stay in touch with their doctors. People who need to say in touch with their children. And people who just need a phone for unexpected emergencies that pop up in everyone’s lives.
Luckily, Missouri currently has at least four Lifeline suppliers – two of the big three plus a couple smaller suppliers. Any of them can supply you with a free cell phone from the government.
Free Phone Providers in Missouri:
- ReachOut Wireless
- Safelink Wireless
- Assurance Wireless
- Life Wireless
- Budget Mobile
- StandUp Wireless
- Tag Mobile
- Yourtel Wireless
- Tag Mobile
- Wireless for Hope
- Assist Wireless
- EnTouch Wireless
You are eligible if you receive benefits from any of these programs in Missouri:
- Federal Public Housing Assistance/Section 8
- Federal Social Security Disability
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance (LIHEAP)
- MO HealthNet (Medicaid)
- National School Lunch Program (NSL)
- Payments Administered by the Family Support Division
- State Aid to Blind Persons
- State Blind Pension
- State Supplemental Disability Assistance
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (Food Stamps)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF)
- Veteran Administration Disability Benefits
You may also qualify if your Total Household Income is at or under 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines (see eligibility)
Latest News for Missouri:
If you have any other questions, please refer to the links in the sidebar.