Hard to believe, but 1000 people move to Florida every day of the year. In the past they were drawn there by the sunny weather, warm waters and inexpensive real estate. Many of them are retired people on limited, fixed incomes.
Lifeline to the rescue. While Floridians are working hard to get back on their feet, Lifeline phone service can provide a little assistance by offering them free cell phones and free monthly minutes.
Unfortunately, the economy has devastated real estate values in the Sunshine State, foreclosures have soared, and many of the state‚Äôs residents now find themselves in situations they never could have imagined.
Floridians, you can get a free cell phone from the government if you qualify! You can contact the following cell phone companies, which should offer the same deal, although perhaps on different phone models.
You are eligible if you receive benefits from any of these programs in Florida:
- Federal Public Housing Assistance / Section 8
- Food Stamps
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- National School Lunch (free program only)
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
- Bureau of Indian Affairs Programs (Tribal Temporary Assistance for Needy Families, Head Start Subsidy, NSLP)
You may also qualify if your Total Household Income is at or under 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines (see eligibility)
Latest News for Florida:
If you have any other questions, please refer to the links in the sidebar.