What Assurance Wireless plans are available?
Basic Assurance Wireless Plan: 250 free minutes
When you enroll in the Assurance Wireless free mobile phone program you’ll be automatically enrolled in the basic plan, which will give you a free cell phone of their choosing, plus 250 free minutes plus 250 domestic messages (text, IM and emails) each month.
$5 Talk Offer
If you pay $5 per month, your airtime will be increased to 500 minutes per month.
$20 Talk & Text Offer
By paying $20 per month, you will receive 1,000 minutes of airtime, plus you’ll get 1000 domestic messages (text, IM and emails).
If you add money to your Safelink Wireless account (with a credit/debit card or Virgin Mobile Top-Up card), you can purchase the following extras:
- Additional minutes at 10Â¢ each
- 10Â¢ text messages
- Messaging Packs as low as $5 for 200 messages
- 411 service at $1.75 per call + standard airtime charges
- international calling (for an extra charge) to over 200 countries
Things to understand:
- Minutes do not rollover. Any unused minutes at the end of the month will be discarded and you will start fresh with your monthly allotment at the beginning of the next month.
- For the $5 Talk Offer and the $20 Talk and Text Offer, you will only get these upgrades if your account has the proper amount of money in it on your payment due date.
- For the $20 Talk and Text Offer, international text, picture messaging and voicemail messages are not included in the monthly allocation of messages.
- If you use all of your monthly voice minutes before a new monthly cycle starts and you have a sufficient balance in your account, you will be charged 10Â¢ for each additional minute you use. If you do not have a sufficient balance in your account, you will be limited to calling 911 or Assurance Wireless Customer Service.
- If you are on the $20 Talk and Text Offer and use all your monthly text messages, each additional domestic text, IM, email and email notification message costs 10Â¢, and each additional picture message costs 25Â¢.
- If you are on the $5 Talk Offer or the $20 Talk & Text Offer and you do not have sufficient funds in your account to pay your monthly charge on your payment due date, you will automatically be switched to the 250 Free Minutes offer.